Taste the flavours of the ocean on a plate with this easy spaghetti vongole recipe. The secret is in gradual cooking these little shellfish till they create an exquisite broth which then coats every strand of spaghetti till it appears silky and tastes like perfection. Enjoy this seafood recipe with Vincenzo’s Dad Paolo as he reveals off his culinary abilities.
Watch video recipe:
Spaghetti pasta 300g (3 Cups)
Glass of white wine
2 cloves of garlic
300g/1.32 cups Vongole (Clams or Pipi’s)
Extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of rock salt
Sprinkle of pepper
Generous quantity of recent parsley
1 x giant saucepan
1 x 5L giant pot (21.1338 US cups)
- Boil 5L of water in a big pot in preparation on your spaghetti vongole.
- Turn the range on to a medium/excessive warmth and add a beneficiant quantity of additional virgin olive oil.
- Once the oil has begun to heat, add the 2 cloves of garlic peeled however left complete.
- The garlic will then begin to fry and brown. Once the cloves are properly colored, take away them from the pan and depart them to the aspect.
- Now, add the vongole to the pan and stir them gently utilizing a picket spoon. After round 15-20 seconds, add the glass of white wine and depart to simmer.
- Add a pinch of rock salt to the pot of boiling water – however not an excessive amount of because the vongole ought to be recent which suggests they are going to be salty from the ocean (relying on the place you might be on the earth, you’ll be able to add roughly salt)!
- Leave the vongole to simmer within the pan till they start to open. If they don’t open within the center, it usually means they aren’t good to eat.
- Once the vongole have opened and the water is boiling, add the spaghetti pasta and depart it to cook dinner primarily based on the packet directions, much less one minute!
PAOLO’S TIP: For each 100g of pasta, it is best to add 100g of vongole – that is one of the best ways to control your portions, all the time remembering the extra vongole, the higher!
- Strain the pasta as soon as it has cooked to your liking and add it to the pan with the vongole in it (the place it should then end to cook dinner).
- Mix the pasta effectively in order that it soaks up the scrumptious broth-like liquid and flavours out of your sauce.
- Once the spaghetti vongole are combined effectively, sprinkle a beneficiant quantity of freshly chopped parsley on prime and blend it by way of.
HOW TO SERVE:
- Once the pasta begins to look shiny as a result of it’s coated within the flavours of the broth, the components have began to stay it’s able to serve.
- Serve the pasta vongole onto a plate attempting to maintain it within the centre and ensure there are some further vongole on prime – and one other small sprinkle of parsley.
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
Join my personal unique Italian Tours “Italy Unexplored Tour” and expertise the Real Italy like you’ve by no means seen earlier than.
The tour is unique to solely 10 passionate foodies and it’s very distinctive. (Click here to get more details)
Tempted? Watch the video under and benefit from the sightseeing of the greenest area in Europe
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate