In Wasau, Lidia makes Pork and Mustard Greens with Latricia, a member of Wisconsin’s Hmong Community. For the Hmong, who’re refugees from Laos, it is a conventional dishes that’s a part of each New Year’s Celebration.
Lidia’s particular, A Heartland Holiday Feast, reveals her touring cross-country, and assembly Americans with various heritages and culinary traditions.
- 1 lb Pork stomach lower up into 1” items
- 2-Three bundles of Mustard Greens washed and lower up into 2” size (about 1 med mixing bowl)
- 3” contemporary Ginger root sliced into skinny items
- 1 tsp Salt to style
- 1 tsp Pepper to style
- Add pork stomach into 6 quart inventory pot and add water till water degree is simply above the meat.
- Boil for 20 minutes and skim off the blood bubbles to maintain the broth clear.
- Add mustard greens, ginger root, salt and pepper to style.
- Continue to boil for an additional 10-15 minutes till greens are tender. Served with steamed rice.