Panzerotti are a delicious Italian deep fried snack made from a special pizza-like dough and stuffed with a variety of fillings. These crispy morsels are stuffed with gooey mozzarella, freshly crushed tomatoes and capers. You will not be able to resist (or stop at one).
These divine pockets of dough are the ULTIMATE and this panzerotti recipe has been brought to you by my fellow foodie friend, Ottavio who was taught by his grandmother, Nonna Bellina.
If you are in Sydney on Wednesday the 22nd of November 2017, be part of the Sydney Italian Festival and join me at Moretti’s Restaurant in Leichhardt for an Italian celebration where you will get the chance to taste a variety of Panzerotti, including the Vincenzo’s Plate special with porcini mushrooms!
Click here to see the Sydney Italian Festival Events Calendar http://bit.ly/SydneyItalianFestival2017
📺SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (IT’S FREEEEEE 😉 http://bit.ly/SubscribeToMyYOUTUBEchannel
📖Share it with your FOODIE friends on FACEBOOK
🌍Get the recipe on my website http://www.vincenzosplate.com/recipe-items/panzerotti-recipe/
🍝Check out my website for full recipes and to follow my blog: http://vincenzosplate.com/
Join my Sydney Cooking Classes: http://www.vincenzosplate.com/cooking-class-in-sydney/
🔄Kg to cups converter: http://www.convertunits.com/from/kilo+g/to/cup+[US]
Ingredients to make the Panzerrotti dough:
700g plain flour (plus extra for kneading)
1L full cream milk
Ingredients for the filling:
Mozarella – cut into cubes
San Marzano crushed tomatoes
1. To make the panzerotti dough, you need to start with all your dry ingredients. Add the flour, semolina, salt and sugar together and start to mix it together.
2. Make a well in the middle and pour 1L of full cream milk inside.
3. Add 20g of yeast to the milk and dissolve it using your hands.
4. Once the yeast is completely combined, start to add in the flour to help all of the ingredients combine. It will get very gooey but don’t worry, just keep going!
5. Slowly but surely the ingredients will combine to form a ball of dough – if it’s too dry, add some more milk, if it’s too gooey, add some extra flour.
6. Knead the dough really well for at least 10 minutes, until you poke your finger into a ball and it springs back up!
7. Drizzle up to 20ml EVOO over the ball of dough and roll it around to soak up the oil..
8. Knead it again for a few minutes until the dough is no longer wet.
9. Cut up the dough into several individual balls weighing between 120-140g which is the perfect portion for one panzerotto!
10. Now it’s time to roll your first one! Sprinkle flour over the top of your bench and place one ball on top.
11. Using a rolling pin, start to flatten the ball, by rolling it back and forth until you get a round, flat dough, between 3-4mm in thickness.
12. Place the mozarella into the centre of the dough and pour a few tablespoons of crushed tomato on top. Then add 4-6 capers.
13. Fold one side of the dough down on top of the other, making the edges meet and press down hard, making sure the pocket is really well sealed.
14. Heat up sunflower oil in a large pan where you will shallow fry the panzerotti.
15. Once the oil is hot enough, place each panzerotto gently inside and let is cook for up 10 1 1/2 minutes, while putting extra oil on top using spoon.
16. Then, you will see it start to brown which means it is ready. Turn it over and let it cook on the other side for 1 minute.
17. Remove the panzerotto from the fry pan and leave them to drain on a paper towel.
18. Panzerotti are best enjoyed HOT so take a bite and be carefull not to burn yourself. Did you see those cheese strings?! YUM!
E ora si mangia Vincenzo’s Plate….enjoy!
📺Subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://bit.ly/SubscribeToMyYOUTUBEchannel
📖LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/vincenzosplate/
📷FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @vincenzosplate https://www.instagram.com/vincenzosplate/
🌍Join my Small Group Private Italian Tour and discover the secret gems of Italy with me. Check out the itinerary and make sure you book asap (Only 10 spots available) http://www.vincenzosplate.com/italy-unexplored-itinerary/
🎵MUSIC: Courtesy of Audio Network: www.audionetwork.com
🎬 #VincenzosPlate is a YouTube channel with a focus on cooking, determined to teach the world, one #videorecipe at a time that you don’t need to be a professional #chef to impress friends, family and yourself with mouth-watering #ItalianFoodRecipes right out of your very own #kitchen whilst having a laugh (and a glass of vino!).
#panzerotti #panzerottirecipe #friedpizzarecipe #deepfriedpizza #howtomakepanzerotti #italiandeepfriedrecipe #panzerottidoughrecipe #panzerotto #pizzafritta #friedpizza #puglia #bari
📺Re-Watch the Panzerotti video recipe https://youtu.be/XNnPj9gIFSU