ROASTED CHICKEN with POTATOES
Roasted hen: it sounds easy as a result of it’s! But there are a number of methods to getting this Sunday lunch of roasted hen with oven crunchy potatoes completely excellent; so I requested my Nonna Igea to share her secrets and techniques so that you could style the actual flavours I grew up having fun with at her home with my household. Crispy pores and skin roasted hen with golden potatoes will completely heat your coronary heart. Watch my recipe with Nonna now, make them ASAP, then share images with me later as I’d like to see you consuming this with your entire household.
Watch video recipe:
Whole (natural) hen (or choose your favorite items and purchase them already lower up)
2 tablespoons of salt
Extra virgin olive oil
Glass of white wine
6 giant potatoes
2 x giant bowls
2 x giant oven-safe trays
- To make roasted hen, lower the entire hen into smaller items, put it right into a bowl and rinse it with water, draining the water out fully.
- Next, add a number of sprinkles of salt and rub it into the hen, utilizing your fingers.
- Now it’s time to switch the hen to your oven protected tray by putting each bit subsequent to one another. You can maintain the items good and tight as they are going to shrink as they cook dinner.
- Add a number of stalks of contemporary rosemary alongside with four garlic cloves. Leave the pores and skin on the cloves and simply make a small slit in each utilizing a pointy knife.
- Pour the glass of wine excessive of the tray, and add a beneficiant quantity of excellent high quality additional virgin olive oil.
NONNA IGEA’S TIP: Hold up one facet of the tray and transfer it round gently to ensure the oil has unfold everywhere in the backside of the hen too.
- Before placing the tray within the oven, it’s time to braise the hen on the range. Put the range on a medium warmth and place the strive on high. After 5-6 minutes, flip each bit round utilizing a pair of tongs and braise it on the opposite facet too.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 levels Celsius/350F, and place the tray inside (as soon as the hen has barely browned) for as much as 1hr.
- Next, peel the potatoes, and lower them into your most well-liked measurement, putting them into water as soon as lower. Then, rinse the potatoes as soon as once more and put them right into a clear bowl.
- Sprinkle a number of pinches of tremendous salt over the potatoes and rub it over them rather well, mixing it via utilizing your fingers.
- Transfer the potatoes into an oven protected baking tray and unfold them out, earlier than including a number of brief rosemary stalks and garlic cloves with the pores and skin nonetheless on (once more making a small slit with a knife).
- Braise the potatoes at a medium warmth on the range, mixing them with a fork on occasion, for as much as 15 minutes.
- Then, take the roasted hen out, and substitute it within the oven with the potatoes.
- Leave the potatoes within the oven to cook dinner for as much as 30 minutes or till they’re crispy and golden.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, take away them from the oven and put the hen again inside for a couple of minutes so you’ll be able to serve each collectively whereas they’re good and sizzling.
HOW TO SERVE:
Keep the serving half easy! While they’re nonetheless sizzling, add a chunk (or two) of the roasted hen alongside with a portion of the crispy potatoes to a flat plate. Don’t fear about utilizing a knife and fork for the roasted hen – eat it with your fingers, because it’s finger licking good!
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
Join my non-public unique Italian Tours “Italy Unexplored Tour” and expertise the Real Italy like you could have by no means seen earlier than.
The tour is unique to solely 10 passionate foodies and it’s very distinctive. (Click here to get more details)
Tempted? Watch the video under and benefit from the sightseeing of the greenest area in Europe
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate
Jamie Cooks Italy - Jamie Oliver
£10.00 in stock
28 used from £4.71
- 140 authentic Italian recipes
- Fast and slow-cooked recipes
- Meals to suit every mood
- Created from the wisdom of Italian nonnas
- Hardback, 408 pages