Cheese twists with pesto are crunchy sticks of goodness that everybody will love. With basil pesto and salty prosciutto, you’ll by no means purchase boring breadsticks once more. Best loved proper out of the oven, add these cheese sticks to your finest antipasto platter.
Watch video recipe:
2 x puff pastry sheets
1 x jar Barilla basil pesto
6 x slices provolone cheese
6-Eight slices finely sliced prosciutto (you may also use ham or salami)
1 x egg
Handful pistachio nuts (or any nuts you will have within the cabinet)
Flat baking tray
1. To make the Cheese twists, place one sheet of baking paper on prime of the chopping board.
2. Place a sheet of puff pastry on prime of the baking paper and drizzle further virgin olive oil (EVOO) on prime. Then, unfold it everywhere in the sheet utilizing a pastry brush, overlaying either side.
3. Lather one aspect of the second sheet of pastry with EVOO too and put it to the aspect.
4. Get a beneficiant scoop of Barilla basil pesto and put it in the midst of the pastry sheet. Then use the again of the spoon to lather the pesto throughout it.
VINCENZO’S PLATE TIP: Cheese twists are finest served with a cheese that stretches as soon as melted, my favorite is Provolone Dolce.
5. Next, lay the slices of cheese aspect by aspect, overlaying the entire sheet and utilizing between 6-Eight slices.
6. Place skinny slices of prosciutto on prime of the cheese earlier than sealing it with the second sheet of puff pastry (ensuring you will have the aspect with oil dealing with down.
7. Now cowl the pastry with a sheet of baking paper, and utilizing the rolling pin, press down gently (rolling forwards and backwards) in order that all of it seals collectively rather well.
VINCENZO’S PLATE TIP: If it’s a scorching day, otherwise you really feel the pastry getting sticky, put it within the freezer for a few minutes because it’s simpler to work with if it’s not too delicate.
8. Remove the baking paper and place it on to your baking tray.
9. Use the pizza slicer (or a pointy knife) to chop the tacky twist strips – making them approx. 3cm in width.
10. Place a strip on the baking tray and twist it by beginning on the centre, and dealing down the ends subsequent. Gently press any substances which can have popped out, again in.
11. Repeat this with every strip, and go away a niche between cheese twist as they’ll develop when cooking.
12. Put the tray of cheese twists within the oven at 200 levels Celsius for 30 minutes, turning them as soon as they’ve cooked for 15 minutes to maintain either side good and crispy!
How to serve:
Enjoy with a Prosecco earlier than you begin a meal or as a part of an antipasto/grazing board. They are finest eaten straight out of the oven once they’re nonetheless scorching and crispy, however can be loved chilly.
E ora si mangia…Vincenzo’s Plate!
Join my non-public unique Italian Tours “Italy Unexplored Tour” and expertise the Real Italy like you will have by no means seen earlier than.
The tour is unique to solely 10 passionate foodies and it’s very distinctive. (Click here to get more details)
Tempted? Watch the video beneath and benefit from the sightseeing of the greenest area in Europe