These are a northern specialty cookie the place half of the cookie is frosted in chocolate frosting, and the opposite half is frosted in vanilla frosting.
Black and White Cookies
Thanks to Karen Ann for sharing this recipe.
Black and White Cookies – you can make a New York City classic at dwelling.
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- half pound butter
- Four eggs
- 1 cup milk
- half teaspoon vanilla
- 1/Four teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 half cups cake flour
- 2 half cups all goal flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- half teaspoon salt
- Four cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/Three to half cups boiling water
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate
- In a giant mixing bowl mix the sugar and butter till fluffy. Add eggs, milk, vanilla and lemon extract and combine till clean. In a medium bowl, mix flours, baking powder and salt.
Add dry substances to the moist in batches, stirring effectively. Drop soup spoonfuls of dough 2″ aside on buttered baking sheets. Bake at 375* till edges start to brown, 20-30 minutes. Let cool utterly.
Put confections’ sugar in a bowl. Stir in sufficient water to make the combination thick and spreadable. Remove half the frosting to the highest of a double boiler over simmering water. Add chocolate and heat the combination till chocolate is melted and the frosting is clean. Remove from warmth. With brush, coat half the cookie with chocolate frosting and the opposite half with white frosting.
The publish Black and White Cookies – you can make a New York City classic at home. appeared first on CopyKat Recipes.