Looking for a traditional Italian dessert in your subsequent dinner? Look no additional than this Olive Garden Tiramisu! Espresso, chocolate, and mascarpone cheese make for a pleasant and uplifting dessert. It’s an exquisite tiramisu recipe!
What Makes this Olive Garden Tiramisu so good
Tiramisu is a traditional! And what’s to not like. It’s a stupendous mixture of cake, espresso, and brandy or rum. Substitute cream cheese for the mascarpone cheese and you’ve got the proper dessert. And you possibly can truly make this dessert forward of time so you aren’t rushed the day you might have your family and friends over for a particular meal. This dessert has been on the menu on the Olive Garden so long as I can bear in mind and for good motive.
History of Tiramisu
The legend of tiramisu is assumed to have began again within the 17th century in Siena, Italy. A dessert much like the tiramisu recipes we all know now was made for a Grand Duke who introduced the recipe to Florence. But the fashionable-day recipe was truly created within the 1960s by a confectioner in Veneto, Italy. A conventional tiramisu is a espresso-flavored dessert manufactured from ladyfingers dipped in espresso and layered with a mix of eggs, sugar and mascarpone cheese topped with cocoa.
How to Make this Olive Garden Tiramisu
This recipe strays only a bit from the traditional tiramisu however the fantastic taste stays the identical.
Here’s what you want:
- Sponge Cake
- Strong Black Coffee
- Brandy or Rum
- Cream Cheese
- Superfine Sugar
Tiramisu Recipe Instructions
The total recipe is within the printable recipe card additional down. But right here’s a very fast overview of make one in all my favourite Olive Garden desserts of all time.
- Cut the sponge cake – this can make 2 layers.
- Blend the espresso and brandy collectively and pour sufficient over the underside half to barely moisten the half. Be cautious to not over moisten the cake.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar till fully mixed.
- Spread half of the cream cheese combination over the underside layer.
- Add the second layer and prime with the remaining cream cheese.
- Sprinkle the highest with sifted cocoa and refrigerate for at the very least two hours.
What is an alternative choice to mascarpone cheese?
An genuine tiramisu recipe will use mascarpone cheese. But should you can’t discover any, you should use cream cheese as an alternative.
What liquor is in tiramisu?
Normally bakers use brandy on this Italian dessert. Rum has the same taste profile and might simply be used should you don’t have any brandy in your house.
How do you serve and retailer it?
Tiramisu is named an icy Italian dessert. It ought to at all times be served chilly. Make positive you refrigerate for at the very least 2 hours earlier than serving. Leave it out at room temperature for 20 minutes earlier than serving. You can do one other mud of cocoa powder earlier than serving. It makes it look fancier and provides it a deeper taste too.
Tiramisu can keep within the fridge for as much as 2 days. The cake will get too mushy if left longer than that. But you’ll in all probability eat it up effectively earlier than these two days are up!
Other Olive Garden Dessert Recipes to Try
Whip up any of those yummy Olive Garden desserts subsequent.
WHAT do you wish to serve with Tiramisu? LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW! REMEMBER TO SHARE YOUR CREATIONS BY TAGGING US ON INSTAGRAM. AND DON’T FORGET TO SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER BELOW SO YOU DON’T MISS ANY COPYCAT RECIPES!
Pin this to avoid wasting and share with your folks:
Olive Garden Tiramisu
Delight your loved ones and associates with a luscious Italian dessert. It’s fast and simple to make with this Olive Garden Tiramisu copycat recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 sponge cake (10 to 12″ and about 3″ tall)
- 3 ounces robust black espresso
- 3 ounces brandy or rum
- 1 half of kilos cream cheese
- 1 half of cups superfine sugar
- cocoa for sprinkling on prime
Cut throughout center of sponge cake, forming two layers, every about 1 and half of inches thick. Blend espresso and brandy. Sprinkle sufficient combination over the underside half of cake to taste it strongly. Don’t moisten cake an excessive amount of or it might collapse on serving.
Beat room temperature cheese and 1 cup sugar till sugar is totally dissolved and cheese is gentle and spreadable. Test for sweetness in the course of the beating, including extra sugar if wanted.
On the lower floor of the underside layer, unfold half of the cheese combination. Replace the second layer and prime with remaining cheese combination.
Sprinkle prime with sifted cocoa. Refrigerate the cake for at the very least two hours earlier than slicing and serving.
Recipe Tips for the Cook
- An unique Tiramisu recipe makes use of mascarpone cheese however should you can substitute cream cheese as an alternative.
- Rum is a superb different to brandy if you do not have brandy in your house.
- Tiramisu is served chilly. So ensure you refrigerate for at the very least 2 hours earlier than serving. Leave out at room temperature for 20 minutes earlier than serving. You can do one other mud of cocoa powder earlier than serving.
- Tiramisu can keep within the fridge for as much as 2 days. The cake will get too mushy if left longer than that.
You can discover extra Olive Garden Recipes at CopyKat.com, the net’s hottest vacation spot for copycat restaurant recipes.
Calories: 2621kcal | Carbohydrates: 610g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 385mg | Potassium: 139mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 601g | Vitamin A: 960IU | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 1.4mg