Agrodolce Recipe | PBS Food
Agrodolce is a conventional candy and bitter sauce in Italian delicacies. Chef Franca DiRenzo is extra savory than candy folding in rooster gizzards. The recipe is featured in season 2 of No Passport Required.
- 1 lb rooster gizzards/giblets
- 1 purple bell pepper (diced)
- half of cup of onion (diced)
- 1 half of tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Red pepper seeds style (or one sliced chile)
- Salt and pepper to style
- Trim and rinse rooster gizzards/giblets in cool working water and put in a one quart saucepan. Fill with chilly water till about two inches above the gizzards/giblets, carry to a boil, and produce right down to a simmer for 30-40 min. Drain, put aside and funky so as to safely reduce them into 1 inch items.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium warmth, add additional virgin olive oil to the pan. Add onion, let onion sauté till translucent and add purple bell pepper, sautée till the bell pepper begins to melt (about 3-Four minutes), add gizzards/giblets sauté about 5 minutes, add purple pepper seeds, salt and pepper to style, toss and sauté for just a few moments then drizzle with balsamic, cowl and let prepare dinner one other few moments.
- Serve together with your favourite baguette or crispy bread.